Friday, March 13, 2015

Supertitious... or Not?

Sterling Enameled Four Leaf Clover Charm
It is Friday the 13th... does that make you feel superstitious? Not me! But the day brings to mind the different talismans for luck, superstition and warding off evil some dating to ancient times.

According to legend, Eve carried a four leaf clover in the garden of Eden. In addition, each of the four leaves on a clover have a different meaning: One is FAITH... The Second HOPE...The Third LOVE... And the Fourth LUCK! In the Irish tradition the shamrock or 3-leaf clover represents the Holy Trinity: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. However, when a shamrock is discovered With a fourth Leaf, it symbolizes God's Grace. I love that!!

Real Preserved Clover in Locket
When my daughter and now son-in-law were planning their wedding, I voiced an opinion that ruffled some feathers. Feeling badly, I sent an apology note and my son-in-law reciprocated. In the card he gifted me a four leaf clover that he had saved, both gestures were very touching. Sniffle...
Lucky in Love Charm

His action goes with the belief that if you pass along your four leaf clover your luck will double. It sure did... because he not only got my precious daughter, but gained a great family as well! 

Lucite Encased Four Leaf Clover Charm
A good luck charm is defined as, 

An object, which upon possession delivers a positive influence to the fortunes of a person. The object could be a lucky shirt, hat, charm, rabbits foot and so on. How about when you make wish on a wishbone?  Charming legends and folklore surround being lucky.

Victorian Good Luck Token Stick Pin


The Victorians loved nature and whimsy, their good luck tokens were from Mother Nature such as acorns, flora and fauna as well as bugs like butterflies and dragonflies. How charming is that!

Victorian Butterfly Locket Pendant


My life is filled with many blessings. I enjoy collecting and sharing the information learned about the treasures. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you enjoy my tidbits! xo

To view my ETSY shop and the items featured, please click the link:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MiladyLinden


0 comments:

Post a Comment