Monday, July 27, 2015

The Official Buffalo Garden Walk

I love summer in Buffalo! We get a bad rap for our winter's but you cannot beat the fun activities and energy of our summers! Wooo weee, Buffalolonians know how to make the most of the good ol' summertime!

Since I was away at a wedding, I sadly missed some of my favorite garden walks; especially the nighttime garden walk under the stars! There's always next year....


Not to be missed is the annual Buffalo Garden Walk which started in 1995. This year me and my companion decided to ride bikes throughout the city. This avoided parking issues (it is crazy trying to park) and also allowed us to view the gorgeous architecture around the city! One of the most popular areas is a street full of quaint cottages on Union Street..called Little Summer.


In the Allentown neighborhood, the houses are charmingly painted. The garden walk is not only about flowers but the entire whimsical package of home and garden!


I love the way these homeowners carried the turquoise and orange color scheme into the garden! So cute!  Love the porch curtains too!




Pictured below is another wonderful color palette and garden! There were two white poodles staring out at me, my camera did not capture them!

Every year I get an idea at the garden walk to try in my own garden! And, it is going to be adding curtains to my porch, they just add a touch of cozy to a porch don't they? Also they'll add some protection from the afternoon heat as well!

An added bonus of the day was running into some old friends! One of them was my childhood friend and neighbor when we were 7! Glad we can keep in touch with Facebook now!

Happy Gardening! xo


0 comments:

Post a Comment