Tuesday, March 8, 2016

64 Degrees in March, Now That's What I Call a "BONUS DAY"!

My facebook memories remind me that last year on this day, I was strolling the beach in sunny Sanibel and a few years before that I was skiing in Vermont, quite a dichotomy! But today there was no place I would rather be than home sweet home! 




I rook advantage of this unseasonably warm and sunny March day to get some fresh air and shake off cabin fever! Honestly, I cannot complain, this winter has been a picnic compared to the snow and arctic temperatures of last year. Nice days like this are unquestionably a bonus!


The first thing I encountered out on my walk were the snowdrops in my front yard! This is definitely an early sign that spring is on the way!! Hooray!


Walking around the neighborhood, I took a path that I normally do not and look what I found! How quaint is this? A little library! A small little house holds books that others have read and want to pass along! I love it! Inside, a found a romance novel, just exactly what I love to read (oh...romantic me). 

Coincidentally, earlier this morning, after my Zumba class, I headed to the library and renewed my  card. Bringing home a nice selection of books; several on vintage repurposing, a few cookbooks and an Adriana Trigiani novel. Since I am getting a workout for my body, I told myself to also exercise my mind! I am going to be busy .... finding new projects, new recipes to try and a getting lost in a good book! 

Today was a wonderful day! xo


0 comments:

Post a Comment