Monday, May 4, 2015

It's all about the lace...

This big glass jar is in my craft room, stuffed to the brim with all kinds of vintage lace! Pretty much daily, the vintage lace in the jar spills out as I search for the perfect pieces to decorate cards, boxes, clothing, and the repurposing project of the moment...

To say I LOVE lace is an understatement! Tatted, crocheted, embroidered, applique, bobbin, machine lace... Ohhhh my! Every table, shelf and surface in my house is embellished with a lace doily or some kind of vintage lace embellishment.

When out treasure hunting, at an estate sale or antique mall, a bag of lace always finds it's way home to co-mingle with the lace in the glass jar!

Of late, I have been having fun embellishing vintage bottles with lace, vintage ribbons and tidbits from my collections! I am in my happy place creating and here are some of my projects...

Green Vintage Bottle with Vintage Lace, Ribbon and Old Green Bauble

Vintage Violet Bottle with Vintage Lace, Ribbons, China Stopper Filled with French Lavender
Altered Glass Bottle with Vintage Lace, Millinery Flower, Blue Bauble and Candle Wax Dripping
Repurposed Vintage Lace Bottle with Ribbon and Trinkets.. a Gift for my Friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment