Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What's Growing... Enchanting Succulents

Succulents in a Vintage Wooden Box

How I love this time of year! Creating garden pots, finding new flowers to plant and seeing the gardens come to life again! I am definitely in my element.

Lately, my obsession is succulents! They lend themselves to all sorts of interesting containers.

How charming to plant a succulent in a vintage wooden spool! I LOVE it!

Or a antique marmalade jar!

This darling succulent is in an old silver bowl, with a painted stone ... dream!

Vintage milk carrier from the 1960's with glass milk bottle and succulents.

The sky is the limit creating your miniature succulent garden.  Simply add a layer of tiny stones, found at the dollar store or an aquarium supply center. Next add a layer of potting soil, the succulents and I added moss around the plants.


Water and fertilize once a week during the spring to fall. They like sunlight but prefer not to be out in direct sun outside, perhaps a covered porch.

Hope you enjoyed my little sweeties! xo


0 comments:

Post a Comment