Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter Greetings!

Look at the grass I grew... makes my basket so sweet!

When my kids were small, we used to grow grass for Easter baskets. It's been a while, but when I spotted the wheat grass seeds at the market, it brought back nostalgic memories and this became my Easter centerpiece this year.

I love it!

My daughter shared a story about a recent shopping trip for Easter with her sister-in-law who purchased new baskets for her children. Because she loved our traditions, she didn't care for the idea of new and related how much she enjoyed the vintage baskets used by her brother and herself. That makes me smile! Those baskets are saved in the attic, ready for the next generation! I'm sure she will carry on our cherished customs quite well when the time arrives!
Vintage sweetgrass and mineral dyed basket
At an estate sale, I discovered the charming soft pastel basket pictured above. What a wonderful Easter basket it would make!

Do you have any beloved traditions that have been shared and passed down in your family? I'd love to hear them! xo

To view Easter items in my ETSY shop:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MiladyLinden/search?search_query=easter

0 comments:

Post a Comment