Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Snowdrops Have Announced at Long Last... It's Spring!


Happy Spring Declare my Snowdrops!
Every spring these enchanting and hardy little flower bells pop up under my hedgerow. How they make me smile... because they are so sweet and more importantly Spring has Sprung!  Yippeeeee!

Whimsical Little Bells

The other day a few ladies at church were discussing how much they loved snowdrops! My goodness, how could I forget mine! As soon as I was home, I raced outside and there they were, just popping open their sleepy heads to greet Spring! My spirits soared! 

The snowdrop is a symbol of hope, purity and cleansing. They are first to appear in the garden and aren't afraid to burst forth covered with snow!  They are perennials and the scientific name for the snowdrop is Galanthus Nivalis. 

Snowdrop Fairy

This charming vintage picture was illustrated by artist Cicely Mary Barker. I love the magic of fairies ... and adore snowdrops!

Happy Spring! xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment