Sunday, January 25, 2015

21st Birthday

Happy 21st Birthday!
What do you think of the card I created?

My baby turned 21 yesterday, a wonderful milestone worth celebrating!
It is exciting to see the fabulous young man he has become.. and the potential of his future.
In a way, I can pat myself on the back for my role as a single parent navigating the bumpy course of adolescence.

Sadly, his Dad passed when he was the formative age of 12.  The subsequent years could have gone awry with negative behavior, however, with a great support system of family, friends, coaches and mentors things turned out just fine.

My son reminds me so much of his father, through an action, stance, the way he laughs or says something but mostly his caring and loving spirit. It's a gift that warms my heart.

He was a little love as a child, a charmer that could make you laugh... and as a adult, he thankfully still is. I am proud to be his mama!

To observe the birthday, his sister, five years his senior, planned a fun evening. She's always been like a second mother and I'm grateful they enjoy sharing time with one another.

Truly I am blessed!
My favorite baby picture... pretty darn cute (opinion of a biased Mom)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment