Friday, January 23, 2015

Keepsake Rolling Pin and Heart Cookie Cutter

Cut-Out Heart Cookies

She loved to bake cookies and no holiday was complete without her famous cut-outs.  Fat, puffy, and lightly browned... mmmm, delicious!  Betty or "B", as she was affectionately called, was my mother-in-law as well as role model for 35 years. She was a sweetie pie and Betty's way of showing love was to bake. Ironically, her last act before she went in the hospital and subsequently passed, was to bake a batch of cookies. 

Betty leaves behind a loving legacy and I am now the blessed recipient of her rolling pin and cookie cutters and hope I can perfect her skill! Using these priceless implements makes me feel close to Betty.... and she is always in my heart.  (frosting these confections is going to be a project for another day)

0 comments:

Post a Comment