Thursday, January 22, 2015

From the Diary to the Blog... Creative Expression

antique altered book with vintage lace
Remember the diaries of youth?  Floral print on the cover, locked with a tiny key. Holding such exciting thoughts from a 9-year old "Today I played with Peggy!"  Priceless.  
In high school, my favorite class ever was English, a teacher so cool she gave us a year long assignment of free-writing in a journal.  My innermost thoughts spilled across the pages in neat printing in a notebook decorated with favorite images cut from magazines.  Not very sophisticated, but it held my teenage world. I can still see it in my mind's eye though it is long gone..
Social media has altered the face of journaling and diaries... most of us participate in a form of writing, be it a blog, Facebook,  Pinterest, Twitter.... feelings, ideas and thoughts are shared for all to see.  
.... herein you will find my two cents....  XO

0 comments:

Post a Comment