Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Being Pushed Aside

Art Deco Sterling Blessed Virgin Mary Medal
Estate sales can be great fun especially when you find a house jam packed with a variety of vintage treasures!

It was just that kind of sale several years ago when something interesting transpired. Did you ever go to an event when you were shoved? People do those types of things at estate sales ... imagine that!

But on that random Friday, me strategically positioned at a table perusing the collectibles, when lo and behold I was pushed until eventually at the end of the table!  Geez!

That was one of the best things that could have happened, however, because right under my nose was a box of religious medals. Hmmm... hey self, I thought, as I poked in the box, these are pretty awesome! At 3/$1 they were a bargain ... After doing some quick research at home, I returned to buy the rest which were reduced to 4/$1.


Over the years, it has been inspirational to gain knowledge on the diverse medals and their significance. The wonderful names for the Blessed Virgin Mary; and the variety of spiritual Saints struck into medals.


Especially meaningful has been the stories of customers and what the devotionals have meant to them.

Since that day, I have discovered hundreds of faith treasures, none ever at that bargain price though! It brings deep joy to offer these collectibles as well as create jewelry in my Faith series with found religious trinkets.

That day turned out to be a blessing in more ways than one. Patience is a definitely a virtue! And the best news is that most of the time these items are overlooked at estate sales, but I know they will be just perfect for someone.

In faith and blessings. xoxo 


For a selection of vintage faith tokens follow the link to my ETSY shop:


https://www.etsy.com/shop/MiladyLinden/search?search_query=faith&order=date_desc&view_type=gallery&ref=shop_search












0 comments:

Post a Comment