Sunday, February 8, 2015

Off the Cuff...


As with most of my collecting passions discovering antique cufflinks was pleasant happenstance. I just love them!  Hopelessly romantic, cufflinks bring visions of dapperly dressed gents and wedding accoutrements.
Awesome Mother of Pearl Art Deco Snap Link Cufflinks

Centuries ago shirt sleeves were tied with ribbons until the invention of the early cufflink, a practical necessity which eventually became a fashionable accessory.
Art Deco Snap Link Cufflinks
The pinnacle of cufflinks was in the Art Deco era, particularly the Roaring '20's, when this "snap link" style was all the rage. This  type of cufflink remains vogue and fashionable today. The most coveted are by the Baer & Wilde Company. They are quite handsome don't you think?  

Once I had a bride and groom purchase green with mother of pearl cufflinks for their groomsmen gifts, made for a great vintage wedding look!
Repurposed Victorian Cufflink Bracelet
Generally during my vintage forays, orphaned cufflinks turn up. Call me happy because I snatch them up to create repurposed cufflink bracelets like this Victorian beauty! So fun to put together, making them tickles my creative spirit!

xoxo

Click on the links for vintage cufflinks:


and the bracelet:


0 comments:

Post a Comment