Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Forty days...


Ash Wednesday, the commencement of Lent and a time when Christians strive to be more prayerful and reflect on Jesus' sacrifice with abstention.  It is forty days before Easter excluding Sundays and concluding on Holy Thursday.  
Some Christians celebrate Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday in anticipation of forfeiting something during Lent, like alcohol or sweets. 
Another way is to consider if you have any habits that make you difficult to live with. Maybe you've you hurt someone close to you with an action? I know I have. Perhaps we nag, complain, or have other negative behavior that could be obliterated. Lent is a time to open our hearts to possibilities for self improvement. 

Psalm 91:2  
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, 
my God, in whom I trust." 
Blessings xo





0 comments:

Post a Comment