Friday, February 6, 2015

The Inspiration of Mary Englebreit

One of my Collection of Home Companion Magazines from 2004!

Mary Englebreit is an inspiration, I've always loved her cheerful and happy artwork, her clever Maryism's as well as the way she decorated her home. When it was published, I enjoyed her Home Companion magazine and as you can see I have held on (yea, not in a hoarding kind of way... hahaha) to those magazines. Still like to peruse them from time to time and continue to love the home decor ideas held within.  I can totally blame some of my vintage collections on the influence of ME!
Definitely ME style houses and flowers!

When I spotted this vintage Valentine greeting card it reminded me of the style of ME with the charming and cozy houses and flowers. It is enchanting!
Art Deco Enameled Brooch, Happy Flowers! LOVE it!
 This fun and whimsical brooch also makes me think of ME, the cheerful flowers and use of black and white.  

The Art Deco era is definitely one of my favorites with a unique style of it's own! And Mary Englebreit is also a fav of mine as well as countless others. In addition I've always been enchanted by flower baskets such as on the brooch and this compact below!




In the words of the Queen of Everything: "I have found that if you love life, it will love you right back"  Thanks ME for your artistic inspiration!

Please visit Milady Linden on Etsy to see the Valentine card, flower basket and compact! xoxo 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MiladyLinden?ref=hdr_shop_menu

0 comments:

Post a Comment